xSP is a generic term for any kind of service provider on the Internet. The two main kinds of service provider are the Internet service provider (ISP), which provides users with connection to the Internet and sometimes offers hosting and other services, and the application service provider (ASP), which provides remote access to one or more computer applications.
By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
An application service provider may be one of these kinds of xSP:
- A storage service provider (SSP)
- A management service provider (MSP)
- A business service provider (BSP)
- A security application service provider (SASP)
- A wireless application service provider (WASP)
- And so forth
Dig Deeper on Development implications of microservices architecture