How to take the quiz:
- After reading the question, click on the answer that you think is correct to go to the whatis.com definition. If the answer you've chosen is correct, you will see the question text somewhere in the definition.
- After reading the question, write down the letter of your answer choice on scrap paper. Check your answers by using the answer key at the end of the quiz.
By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
2. This service copies the pages of a Web site to geographically dispersed servers so that when a page is requested, content is sent to the user from the closest server, enabling faster delivery.
a. distributed computing
b. content delivery
c. fast packet technology
3. This is dividing the amount of work that a computer has to do between two or more computers so that more work gets done in the same amount of time and end users get served faster.
c. load balancing
4. On a Web site, this is a technique you might use to move visitors to a new Web page when a URL has been changed.
a. Uniform Resource Identifier
b. common gateway interface
d. Active Server Page
5. This is a visual model of a Web site's content that allows the user to navigate through the site to find the information they are looking for.
a. site map
9. This is a Web site that allows registered users to upload files and save favorite bookmarks so that they can be accessed at any time from any computer on the Internet.
a. bookmark portal
c. jump page
10. This is a place to store data temporarily. The files you automatically request by looking at a Web page are stored on your hard disk in this kind of subdirectory.
SCROLL DOWN FOR ANSWER KEY
Be sure to take:
Quiz #1: Help Desk Basics
Quiz #2: Security Basics
Quiz #3: Data Storage
Quiz #4: Networking Hardware
Quiz #5: Getting Your Message Across the Network
Quiz #6: Servers
Quiz #7: Protocols
Quiz #8: Database Basics
Quiz #9: Wireless
Quiz #10: TCP/IP
Quiz #11: Ego-Booster
Quiz #12: Database II
Quiz #13: AS/400
Quiz #14: Peripherals
Quiz #15: HP
Quiz #16: Web Management Basics
Quiz #17: DSL
Quiz #18: Do you know me? You should!
Quiz #19: Artificial Intelligence
Quiz #20: Cryptography
Quiz #21: We're Going to the Zoo!
Quiz #22: Web Site Performance (you're on this quiz now)
ANSWER KEY: 1d - 2b - 3c - 4c - 5a - 6b - 7c - 8b - 9a - 10c
Let us know how you did and suggest a topic for a future quiz! email@example.com