"If you're hanging around with nothing to do and the zoo is closed, come over to the Senate. You'll get the same kind of feeling and you won't have to pay." --Senator Bob Dole.
By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
How to take the quiz:
- After reading the question, click on the answer that you think is correct to go to the whatis.com definition. If the answer you've chosen is correct, you will see the question text somewhere in the definition.
- After reading the question, write down the letter of your answer choice on scrap paper. Check your answers by using the answer key at the end of the quiz.
| a) goat
g) cuckoo egg
m) Trojan horse
p) tiger team
s) packet monkey
|1._____ This is a UNIX-like operating system that comes with source code that can be copied, modified, and redistributed.
2. _____This is an interpreted, object-oriented programming language similar to Perl, that is known for its clear syntax and readability.
3._____ This standard unit of material quantity is the number of atoms in precisely twelve thousandths of a kilogram of C-12, the most common naturally-occurring isotope of the element carbon.
4._____ In voice recognition, this is a speaker whose voice is easily recognized by the system.
5. _____ This is a program that searches through selected files, databases, or search engine indexes for information that meets specified search criteria.
6. _____ This is an algorithm that allows a source computer to slow the timing of its transmissions down to a level that is acceptable to the destination computer.
7._____ This is a program that visits Web sites and reads their pages and other information in order to create entries for a search engine index.
8._____ This is a magnetic tape and drive system used for computer data storage and archiving.
9._____ This is an encryption algorithm that uses block ciphering and a single key.
10._____ This is a name for someone who intentionally causes a denial of service attack by sending more traffic to a network address than the programmers who planned its data buffers anticipated might be sent.
BONUS QUESTION: Linus Torvalds likes to joke that he was attacked by this zoo animal when he was a small child.
SCROLL DOWN FOR ANSWER KEY
Be sure to take:
Quiz #1: Help Desk Basics
Quiz #2: Security Basics
Quiz #3: Data Storage
Quiz #4: Networking Hardware
Quiz #5: Getting Your Message Across the Network
Quiz #6: Servers
Quiz #7: Protocols
Quiz #8: Database Basics
Quiz #9: Wireless
Quiz #10: TCP/IP
Quiz #11: Ego-Booster
Quiz #12: Database II
Quiz #13: AS/400
Quiz #14: Peripherals
Quiz #15: HP
Quiz #16: Web Management Basics
Quiz #17: DSL
Quiz #18: Do you know me? You should!
Quiz #19: Artificial Intelligence
Quiz #20: Cryptography
Quiz #21: We're going to the Zoo! (you're on this quiz now)
ANSWER KEY: 1f - 2c - 3q - 4w - 5n - 6r - 7d - 8i - 9j - 10s
BONUS QUESTION: A penguin!.
Let us know how you did and suggest a topic for a future quiz! email@example.com