DeveloperWeek 2017 Conference Coverage
We went to San Francisco for the best advice, innovative strategies, and rising trends. Here's what we wrote down.
Get a full recap of how emerging tools will help developers guarantee governance and security, align software projects with business processes, and frankly, get more innovative work done with less effort.
Inside, we recall major themes that were discussed this year, including how:
- The future of PaaS lies in finding better ways to bake compliance and controls into cloud infrastructure
- Encryption and authentification features in the new Docker Swarm architecture can help prevent man-in-the-middle attacks
- Blockchain efforts are helping developers secure faster financial transactions, with support from Amex, JPMorgan, and Wells Fargo
- Data-driven apps are being used, and what to expect in the next 10 years
- Deep learning and visualization can help developers craft algorithms with minimal effort and align code with business goals
Our favorite sessions tackled PaaS, containers, security, and artificial intelligence. Review key takeaways from the following presentations led by leaders in the application development industry:
- KEYNOTE: PaaS 2017 - What's Ahead for Platform-as-a-Service
- Presented by: Adam Gross, CEO at Heroku
- Create a Distributed App Today With the Open Source HyperLedger Blockchain Software
- Presented by: Sean Barclay, Creative Director at IBM Blockchain & co-creator of the open source Hyperledger Project
- Managing Microservices Applications with Docker Engine Services
- Presented by: Mike Goelzer, Senior Product Manager at Docker
- Deep Learning for Software Development
- Presented by: Steven Lowe, Principal Consultant at ThoughtWorks Inc.