Mulesource CEO Dave Rosenberg maintains that service-oriented architecture (SOA) requires some technology for its implementation and that the enterprise service bus (ESB) is a central component in that technology design, enabling easy integration and greater reusability of service components.
By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
The topics Rosenberg touches upon include:
- Why he believes the ESB is the foundation for an SOA
- Integration vs. service mediation
- What an ESB shouldn't do
- Why an ESB should have a small footprint
- Why SOA needs to concern itself with applications outside the Web services sphere
- Whether users are deploying ESBs tactically or strategically
- The scale and scope of SOA projects he's encountering
- Why he thinks services assembly capabilities need to precede BPM and governance intiatives
- Open source SOA vs. the traditional commercial software approach