In this podcast, Rogue Wave Software CEO Cory Isaacson discusses the tricks of the trade needed to get Web services to scale on multi-core processors. While multi-core opens up a new realm of possibilities for service-oriented architecture, Isaacson warns that the two do not automatically synch up. Topics covered in this interview include:
By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
- The difference between multithreaded programming Java tools and multi-core
- The challenges for multi-core created by distributed Web services
- Order of processing concerns that go past what gets handled by the traditional application server
- What defines concurrent computing
- How hardware-aware software programmers need to be
Here is the SOA and multi-core processing podcast.