A commonly heard phrase in SOA development is "assemble, don't build." Yet how easy is it to assemble a composite Web service, drawing on multiple data sources? Nexaweb Technologies Inc. COO David McFarlane discusses best practices for building service-oriented composite applications.
By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
Among the topics covered in this podcast are:
- How to align front end technologies like Ajax with back end data
- What level of complexity can be tackled with composite applications
- Why composite assembly aligns with service orientation
- The marriage of composite assembly with event-driven and real-time services
- The need for proper data management to enable enterprise-grade mashups
- When to using scripting languages and when a more object-oriented approach makes sense
- The role of standards in composite application development