This podcast with Mulesource CEO Dave Rosenberg covers the role of the enterprise service bus (ESB) inside an SOA. Rosenberg notes that an ESB shouldn’t be thought of as a singular piece of software sitting in the middle of every application, tossing aside the hub-and-spoke model from the EAI world that often gets grafted onto SOA. He stresses that SOA “is not about integration,” but rather a sensible infrastructure that can handle modular development and changing business needs.
By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
Other topics covered in this interview include:
- How users are more likely to have an “enterprise service network” with multiple ESBs rather than a single or master ESB
- The role of open source in SOA development
- Why neither the Java EE nor .NET meets are well-suited to service orientation
- The roadmap for the Mulesource, particularly in the management area
- What constitutes “SOA infrastructure”
- Data issues, including getting data out of 3rd party SaaS applications