1. Do you think that X# is just Microsoft's reaction to XQuery, as they are both esentially data-oriented programming...
By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
languages, or is it a different approach altogether because it is a functional language where XQuery is more of an object-oriented type of language?
2. Looks like XQuery, which is also a functional programming language, would fit all the X# fuzz. Thoughts?
3. So would X# be a good candidate for initiatives like XQuery and XPointer? Or is it likely to be a support language like EJB's E++?
1. I suspect they will work together.
2. You could be right but I think they might be more than that going on.
3. I suspect it will be a support language -- not an alternative to XQuery.
Dig Deeper on Development implications of microservices architecture
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.